Monday, October 6, 2008

fall and elections and nostalgia

When I was dating James we had a movie list. I kept it on a folded up piece of paper in my wallet and took it out when we went to the movie store so we'd know what to get. Neither of us could Ever remember what was on that list if it wasn't in front of us. It was a fun thing to do and we hammered out a lot of movie watching. Unfortunately, we always got stoned as we were watching and I either fell asleep or couldn't remember anything but a loose plot to the film. Fall reminds me of highschool which reminds me of James which reminds me that I miss that time of my life. But it also makes me smile as the crisp air kisses my cheeks and last night I saw my breath for the first time in six months.

I almost don't regret summer's end. I'm smiling about it at any rate.

---
The other night I had dinner with a friend and then tried to meet some others at a bar to watch the the vice presidential debate. The bar was overflowing and so was every single bar in williamsburg Brooklyn. So I went home. But it was still kind of a cool sight- peering in through steaming bar windows, the streets empty and then crawling into soft bed, under warm bedside light and just crashing like the economy.

No comments: