Wednesday, February 27, 2008

fancy meeting you here.

ok i will start with the news and end with a story!

the NEWS!

- It was supposed to be today, but i was busy at work today, so on FRIDAY I am going to meet with Parsons/New School admissions about the Certificate in Fashion Design program- which is designed for continuing ed, which is good, and therefore will hopefully have evening classes- Cross your needles! a little seamstress humor? no? ok. still no clue how to finance this project yet, but my boss seems eager to help me. i work at an amazing place.

- MORE NEWS! I met the dogs i'm going to dogsit for my friend Kevin, today. two fat Jack Russell terriers who are 6 and 8 years old. Why is are these ages important? they are still young enough to be playful, but then, after the initial Hurrah! You're Here to Walk Us! they calm down a bit. awesome. and they dont bark. wow. i'm doing all my writing at Kevin's place.

-Mary is coming to visit!

- I have volunteer stuff for one 1/3 and then kickball stuff for 2/3 of my Saturday! And speaking kickball, my friend Zoe showed me idea #one for an awesome team t-shirt design (like seriously awesomely designed t-shirt) and the first idea is rad. but it's four-color, which would only work in a heat-transfer, so we'll have to find a vendor that will hook me up with a deal if i want to make more than one. but what he made so far is so effing sweet. i will post here if nothing else, when it's done.


STORY TIME
this morning i walked past this school that is around the corner from my apt. i always walk past the school, but usually i'm too early- like 8am and then kids aren't there yet, or i'm too late- like 9:30am- and i can hear the kids in gym class, squeaking and shouting. today i walked by right around 8:15 and i guess that's when they get there because kids were everywhere. funny how a street can be so empty at once and then so alive.
so i got to the end of the block and i see a little girl run-skipping and shouting Alex! Alex! at a round hispanic kid on the corner. She gets to him just as I do, shouting Alex! and hugging him and he says "Fancy meeting you here." No joke- the kid must have been 9. dude is gonna be a pimp, or an actor. hopefully both.

No comments: